Jennifer Allot is returning to the role of Internal Coordinator for the 2016/2017 year. She is passionate about skill-sharing, local food, wellness and foraged foods. She loves how the garden has a natural forest section with intertwined berry bushes as well as many raised beds that are planted anew each year by our membership. For the upcoming year, she hopes to have more students involved in garden planning and expansion projects in addition to the fluid participants that attend our many work parties.
The role of the Internal Coordinator, as outlined in the Dalhousie Urban Garden Society Constitution, is as follows:
- Attend Dalhousie Student Union Society Training Day at the date specified by the Vice President (Internal) of the DSU.
- Collect and disseminate information pertinent to members of the Society.
- Organize executive meetings and take minutes at all meetings.
- Maintain the Society’s Tiger Society page.
- Provide notice to all member regarding upcoming events, meetings, and motions.
- Act as a signing officer of the Society.
- Hold a key to the garden shed.
- Submit a request for Ratification before November 1st of the year.
For more information on the internal coordinator role, feel free to contact us.