Mackenzie Thornbury is our treasurer and is a returning executive member from the 2015-2016 year. She is currently a third year Microbiology and Immunology student with a fierce love of gardening.
She hopes to make this year even better by investing more time into budgeting big projects and making the annual budget a more collaborative process.
The treasurer, as outlined in the Dalhousie Urban Garden Society Constitution, is as follows:
- Keep records of all spending within the Society in accordance with DSU regulations.
- Create and maintain the annual budget.
- Submit all necessary information for the annual Society Audit before the deadline specified by the DSU.
- Attend Dalhousie Student Union Society Training Day at the date specified by the Vice President (Internal) of the DSU.
- Act as a signing officer of the Society.
- Be responsible for creating and/or managing the Society bank account.
- Manage applications for Society Grants to the DSU, and aid members in applying for individual Member Grants through the DSU.
- Read and understand DSU Grants Policy.
For more information on the treasurer position, feel free to contact us.